SEE LIST OF THEMES HERE.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

THEME: DRINK (Post #69; Day #69)

Does anyone recognize/remember this drink product? In the late '90s, the Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation marketed this strange drink called Orbitz. It was non-carbonated, fruit flavored, and colorless except for the small edible balls that floated in it. They said it was a "texturally enhanced alternative beverage." I always thought it looked a bit like a lava lamp, myself!

We are preparing our house to be put on the market, and I ran across our single surviving bottle of Orbitz today. We only bought six bottles back in the day, and even our teenage son thought it was too weird to drink. Thus the one remaining bottle, which we have moved from Oregon, to Alaska, and to New Mexico. I guess it will make one more move with us, in about a year.

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I don't remember that drink, but I am with your son...It looks a bit too weird to taste good. Maybe somebody will want to buy it from you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you holding onto it because you think it will become a 'collectors item' in the future?
    Sadly I don't think this ever made it to OZ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of that drink . . . it could be a lava lamp

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you have moved it along with you lives! Great image. I've never seen or heard of this drink. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember that--it really is a totally weird concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cool you still have it to photograph! I think it needs to move with you. Where is home to be once you leave New Mexico?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackscrap - I think it's already a collector's item!

    Steven - Texas

    Everyone - This product was on the grocery shelves where we lived in Alaska. Perhaps it wasn't sold in "the lower 48," since it was a Canadian product. It was very short-lived, anyway. Not a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat shot. The "textural" concept of the drink reminds me of Bubble Tea--tea with tapioca pearls in it. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Texas? I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks strange but I would prefer something else to drink I think ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like body wash with those power-washing micro-beads! No wonder it was never a big seller! But a wonderful conversation piece, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How much you selling it for? :P

    ReplyDelete