SEE LIST OF THEMES HERE.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

THEME: RELIGION (Post #38; Day #35)

The Chapel of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Capilla de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe) is tucked away among the shops of historic Old Town Albuquerque. It is said to be the smallest church building in Albuquerque. Despite its obvious Catholic character, it was originally intended as an all-faiths chapel for artists seeking a spot for relaxation and reflection. It is open 24 hours a day, every day.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I am loving this...how I would love to see it! Kinda cool w/ the natural stone combined w/ the vivid colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful. I love the colors. I'd love to see the inside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I could find time to relax and reflect within those walls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic southwestern character: the soft adobe walls and then the brilliant colors of the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The small amount of bright colors really punctuates the earth tones of the adobe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially love what looks to be the entry with that great round glass (?) window.

    ReplyDelete