SEE LIST OF THEMES HERE.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

THEME: REMEMBRANCE (Post #58; Day #57)

I stopped at the New Mexico Veterans Memorial yesterday. I was alone there, and the sky's powder blue was beginning to cloud over. I was almost overwhelmed with emotion as I stopped and considered each of the stations.

This one is in honor of the five branches of service: U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Army and U.S. Navy. On the outer edge of the circle are five bronzed uniforms, one for each of the branches. Each uniform "hangs" on a hanger, with the hat placed above and the shoes beneath.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. The uniforms are really touching Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great memorial for our fighting men and women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully fitting tribute, by them and by YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a wonderfully designed memorial. I love that they have a woman's uniform too.

    ReplyDelete