SEE LIST OF THEMES HERE.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

THEME: WINTER (Post #36; Day #32)

Winter arrived in Albuquerque last night. Having previously lived in Alaska, I can understand why most of you think this shot of our back yard hardly qualifies as "winter," but what you don't see are the roads, coated in a solid sheet of ice. The city is not equipped with much snow equipment, so driving is tricky. My normal 20 to 25 minute commute took more like an hour and a half, only to find that my workplace was closed because of inclement weather, so I had to get right back on the roads to return home. Got home two hours and 45 minutes after leaving. Should never have left!

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Ice happened here in Omaha yesterday too...but for today just snow and tons of cancellations! :) Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming our way (NYC) next. It's too bad you had to make that trip for nothing. I think staying home tomorrow too is adequate retaliation for them not calling you to tell you not to come in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow can be lovely if you don't have to drive in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a good book to listen to as you drove! We've has six feet of snow so far here in CT and more on the way; but I understand even a small amount is a real challenge in places that typically don't get any.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, a 'phone call would have been nice. You shouldn't have to put yourself at risk if you don't have to! I've seen snow about 6 times in my life, it all still looks magical to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah another winters day. this will all be a thing of the past and this summer we will be complaining about the other end of the scale

    ReplyDelete
  7. when it get's icy on the roads one is happy not driving around, however this winter it has occured severak times. As Bobbie says it's great to habe books to listen to in the carm thats what I normally do when driving long distances (or short on icy roads,,,,)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! And I just commented yesterday on your blue bench and chilies that you made 3/4 of the nation jealous by showing bare ground!

    Seattle is the same in that 2" of snow can cripple the city. We are winter wimps up here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty shot Linda. Too bad you spend so much time on the road only to find your workplace closed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steven, YES, I think you put a jinx on us with that comment in yesterday's post! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty view, though. Sorry about the ice!

    ReplyDelete