SEE LIST OF THEMES HERE.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

THEME: GATES (Post #26; Day #25)

GATES - Bill Gates, that is! This plaque sits at the corner of California and Linn, near the State Fairgrounds in Albuquerque. This is the location where Bill Gates and Paul Allen started Microsoft. I know, this probably isn't in the true spirit of the theme "Gates," but I couldn't help myself!

By the way, while looking for the address on the internet, I ran across THIS AD. Take a look; be sure to scroll to the bottom.

Photobucket

Here's a close-up, which is more readable.

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. You can't get bigger gates than Kaiser Wilhelm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent take on the Gates theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very inventive interpretation. I'd never heard they started in Albequerque.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very creative "Gates" interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice interpretation Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great interpretation of the theme, and I had no idea they ever left this area to start Microsoft.

    Many, many years ago I worked myself through college cleaning swimming pools during the summer in Seattle. One day my boss told me I was to start cleaning Gate's pool. I asked who he was. "He's the CEO of Microsoft." I asked what was Microsoft. "The largest makers of software." I asked what software was.

    I just dated myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steven, what a great story! Be sure to pass it along to your kids and grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super interpretation of the theme...I always wonder why I didn't meet and marry that guy lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fine way to interpret the theme! Not too luxe from the ad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great inventive theme interp!

    ReplyDelete